- Raising awareness of Health & Social Care professionals and those in the voluntary and private care sector of the needs of our client group.
- Developing the confidence of BAMER (Black, Asian, Minority, Ethnic and Refugees) people experiencing mental distress to know their rights in other areas such as legal representation, housing and welfare benefits.
- Promotion of self advocacy to empower individuals to challenge treatments/practices they find unacceptable and to develop a network of self advocacy within the community.
- Act as appropriate adult at police stations.
- Work in collaboration with other service providers for the benefit of the client.
- Provide training to both mental health service users and Professionals on our Peer Advocacy Training Programme with certification.
- Accessing second medical opinion (Trans-cultural Psychiatry).